Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Falsely accused of fault in accident. what to do?

Hi. Few hours back i was driving to the gas station, to fill up my tank. The road had two lanes with 45 mph speed limit. I was driving on the right lane. There was a woman driving parallel to me in the left lane. She was driving a hummer. But suddenly she made such poor lane change, that she hit her hummer on my car. I was in the blindspot of her, and she never cared to look for blindspot and just changed lane. My car was very badly damaged because of it, and the door almost came off and the vehicle landed on the curb. When she pulled over, she started accusing me of poor driving and not paying attention. So i called the police, but when police came she gave false statement that i made poor lane change and bumped into her. I told the cop, that she is lying, but the cop didn't beleive and instead believed that woman. And then the cop charged me with improper lane change and reckless driving. And the cop even said, "i trust woman's word more than man's word". I have liability insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment